Sunday, May 29, 2011

43. Time alone knows the real value of LOVE!!!!!!



Once all feelings and emotions went on vacation to a coastal island. According to their temperament everyone were having a good time. Suddenly, a warning of an approaching storm was announced and everyone was advised to vacate the island.

As soon as the announcement was made there was a sudden panic. All of them started rushing to their boats. Everyone thought of getting out of the place as quickly as possible.
Love did not wish to leave as it found the place enchanting. But as the clouds started rushing towards the island, Love realised it had to leave. Alas, there were no boats to spare. Love looked around but could not find one.

Just as it was wondering what to do Prosperity passed by in a luxurious boat. Love shouted, “Prosperity, could you please take me in your boat?”

“No,” replied Prosperity, “my boat is full of precious gems, gold and silver. There is no place for you.”

A little later Vanity came by in a beautiful boat. Again Love shouted, “Could you help me, Vanity? I am stuck and need a lift. Please take me with you.”

Vanity responded arrogantly, “No, I cannot take you with me. My boat will get soiled with your muddy feet.”

After sometime Sorrow passed by. Again, Love asked for help. But it was in vain. “No, I cannot take you with me. I am so sad because of this storm. I want to be left alone for myself.”

When Happiness passed by a few minutes later, Love again called for help. But Happiness was so happy that it escaped the fury of the storm and was so engrossed in itself that it did not look around, hardly heard the voice of Love.

Love was growing impatient and crestfallen. Just then somebody called out, “Come on Love, I will take you with me.” Love did see who it was, but jumped on to the boat, very much relieved that she would reach a safe place.

On getting inside the boat, Love met Knowledge who was also travelling in the same boat. Puzzled, Love inquired, “Knowledge, do you know the owner of this boat who generously gave me a lift just when no one else wished to help?”

Knowledge smiled, “Oh, It was Time.”

“And why would Time stop to pick me and take me to safety?” Love wondered.

Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and replied, “Because only Time knows your prominence and what you are capable of. He knows that only you can bring peace and great happiness in this world. Hence Time does not wish to lose you at any cost. ”

The important message from this is that when we are prosperous, we overlook love. When we feel pride, we forsake love. Even in happiness we neglect love and in sorrow we forget love. Only with passing time do we realize the importance of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment