Tuesday, August 14, 2018

1191. My Motherland Bharata


To express something which I can only feel has never been easy as I run the risk of trying to describe that which my words fail to convey. One such feeling is when I dare to explain how my Motherland Bharata is embodiment of abundance. Last week I happened to watch a program on agriculture on one of the regional channels a program. I was surprised to know that a progessive farmer from Vijayapura, in Uttara Karnataka has made an effort to cultivate Dragon Fruit. Dragon fruit belongs to cactus family from North America and now grown in Southeast Asia. Very recently I came to know that in my native Gauribidanur Dates are cultivated. With a climate that ranges from Himalayan to tropical, my Motherland Bharata has much to offer in terms of diversity in agro products. Also my Motherland Bharata is so Phalavat (fertile) that it is the origin to one of the widest arrays of foods ranging from varieties of rice, millets and pulses to various tubers like taro and yams. Amazingly some of the most popular foods which is now part of the staple diet has not originate here. Onions came from Central Asia, potatoes and tomatoes are from the Peru and Mexico, chillies has its origin from Central America, rapeseed and mustard seed from the Mediterranean region, garlic and apples from Central Asia. Even the biggest staple of them all wheat originally developed in Turkey and came to my Motherland Bharata thousands of years ago.

Now for what my Motherland Bharata is given to the world the list is endless from Banana, Chickpea, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Cucumber, Eggplant, Ginger, Lemon, Lentils, Mango, Melon, Millets, Rice, Sesame, Sugarcane, Tea, Yam, Turmeric and lot more.

Along with being a fertile land to let all kinds of vegetation to grow my Motherland Bharata is also know for being a “land of spirituality and philosophy”. The vast range in display of culture, languages, religion and celebrations. The varying spiritual beliefs threads an unbelievable fabric of harmony. For centuries, religious diversity is a way of defining religious characteristics of my Motherland Bharata. When it comes to relations, my Motherland Bharata is the one which keeps the social connections very strong. A secular state where all religions of the world are let to practice.  “Unity in Diversity” is the motto that has connected people of different religion here. One can get the message of love and brotherhood from all the regions and cultures here.  The fascinating statistics of our population depicts the picture of religious unity. No matter whether it is a celebration of Deepavali, Eid or Christmas all are celebrated with a shared emotion to bring people together.
Ultimately it is my Motherland which makes me feel a true Bharathvaasi. Every true big hearted inhabitant can feel the same in this land..........

“API SWARNAMAYI LANKA NA MAY LAKSHMANA ROCHATHI JANANI JANMABHOOMISCHA SWARGADAPI GARIYASI”.

Meaning: 

“Lakshmana, even this golden Lanka does not appeal to me; Mother and Motherland are higher than even heaven.”

After the Lanka war Vibheeshana requested Shri Rama to stay back in Lanka. Lanka which was called Swarna Lanka and designed by Vishwakarma on the behest of Maharudradeva to gift it to His beloved Parvathidevi did not enchant Shri Rama hence He uttered so to His brother Lakshman.

I love my Motherland and live here it I die…….

Sare Jahan se Accha.....

Happy Independence Day to all my friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment