Monday, March 16, 2015

693. I can use my Enemies to work for my Betterment……

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/i-can-use-my-enemies-to-work-for-my-betterment




A lot is said and written about the inner enemies which are termed as Arishadvargas which are more violent and wicked than those in flesh and blood. Every philosophy warns the seeker to be aware of them and not let them grow by nurturing them, yes they are six of them they are Kama (Desire), Krodha (Anger), Lobha (Greed), Moha (Attachment), Mada (Arrogance) and Matsarya (Jealousy). They dwell in my mind and some say they have to be controlled but I wonder if I can control them as they are like six hoods of a serpent if I control one by stamping on it the other will project itself.

Kill the six enemies some learned advice but to kill them I have to wage a war on them and I cannot underestimate the strength they possess. May be in the battle against them I may lose.

What can I do with them? I wonder. 

They are inside me hence I cannot ignore them. The more I suppress them the more they come back on me stronger and weaken me. There has to be a way out for me to tackle them I have to find a way to use them as my strength and see that they work for my benefit. They are six of them let me see how I can use them one by one:

Kama: Kama (Desire) puts my mind on worldly objects and whatever my sense organs supply to my mind mesmerized by Kama my mind yearns for it. If I covert that Kama to Abhipsa (Strong Desire) to seek Sadgathi (Deliverance) then it will works out for my advantage.

Krodha: Krodha (Anger) is good but it needs to be managed by diverting towards Adharma (Unlawfulness), such anger is called Manyu (Indignance). Lord Parasurama had it in Him; He could use His anger to the welfare of the society.  

Lobha: Lobha is greed for worldly objects instead I can be a Jignasu (Aspirant) who wants to know more about the nature and the intricate relationship between Self, World and Absolute. As the more one wants to know the more there is to learn. No one dies knowing all, there is something due always.       

Moha: Moha is attachment which I exhibit to my restricted circle if I extend this circle so that the entire creatures come under its umbrella I become Vishwamitra (Friend of the Universe) and I am attached to all.This is the thought of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (Entire world is one Family).

Mada:  Mada is arrogance which does not let me yield to anything. This is a wonderful blessing I can use this trait to my Pratibaddatha (Commitment) so that the Sankalpa (Resolve) is accomplished. Arrogance will never let me settle for a compromise and let me use it for my Varta Nishtha (Vow Loyalty). Practice of truth can be one of them.   

Matsarya: Matsarya is to be jealous. Apara Prema (Immense love) makes one to be jealous. Immense love and jealousy are two sides of a same coin. One may call it Mamakara (Possessiveness) also, immense love for the universe and nature does make me jealous of them and I will not deter to protect them in case they are abused or misuse.   

If I work on my inner enemies I can use all of them to my advantage and make them work for my good……..   What say???????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment