Thursday, December 27, 2018

1221. Life Problems....





Life is filled with problems that have solution ingrained in the situation. It appears to be unsolvable only if I try to find for solutions with the same mind which has made me think that particular situation is a problem. This tendency is called the “Tunnel Vision Tendency” where I focus only on the negative aspect of the situation more than seeing the positive in it. Under such a stress it is obvious for me to find the situation worse and more complex than it really is. The solution for this is to be aware of the situation and to look at it in a different perspective. If the situation was really bad I become nervous about things going from bad to worse and there was a fear of failure and embarrassment. The solution for it is to think that this is not the end, and it would not get me death sentence. Just thinking that I have made a valiant effort to see that the situation did not go from worse to shabby really helps.

Earlier I was confused and uncertain of the right priorities. The solution which I could find for this was to take the help of the moral compass which could guide me as to what should be done at the right time.
Even after taking the guidance if I ended up fearing a problem and believed that I have made a blunder and deserve punishment, I am in a guilt feel. There is a solution for this also. If I had really made a lapse there was no shame for me to make restitution and ask for forgiveness and have a thought not to repeat it again. I become more aware that it was always wise to learn from mistakes and move on. If it was a phoney guilt I needed to set it right and bring down that unnecessary and illogical burden.

Self-pity was one problem in me which made me think I am less worthy than others. It was a terrible and incurable flaw in me to constantly compare myself to people whom I think were perfect. The solution to this was for me to be aware that there is no Mr. Perfect and everyone has stumbled at some point of time before they learned to walk.

Another most evident problem in me was to hold on to the grudge and refuse to bulge and move on. My mind would not let those bitter thoughts to fade out; it would re-project every time my sight fell on either that thing or the person. It would flare up the thought and make me lose my peace of mind. Amazingly that thought would swell in size every time it surfaced just like the wound on a monkey which aggregated every time it scratched. The solution for it was in developing the attitude of Let go! Holding resentment never worked, I used the ordeal to make myself wise, compassionate, and also mentally strong.

Resentment presented me with another gift of being stubborn, the refusal to re-examine the situation and find out if I was wrong. I never had the will to change the mind when I knew that I was wrong. I was in the intention that reconciliation would hamper my pride. The solution emerged when I noticed that for the fresh air to get in the ventilator had to be kept open so that the carbon dioxide go out of the room. It would be foolish to live with the unwanted and useless thoughts, it is wisdom to flow according to the tide and adjust accordingly and set a new course.

Eventually I understood that a problem is in fact like a small sand grain if I take it too close to my eye it covers the whole world and if I put down below my foot and crush it, it will turn to dust. It is the way I perceive the problem which make it bigger that what it is.

Ultimately as time passed and with maturity taking centre stage I stopped finding solution for the problem that arise every now and then instead I noted that “Life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experience.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment