Thursday, February 20, 2014

398. The Cozy Relationship between myself and Self.........!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/science-of-spirituality/the-cozy-relationship-between-myself-and-self


Sage Yagnavalkya tells his wife Mitreyi, “Nobody loves anything for its own sake.” This statement has a deep meaning it says when you are incomplete in yourself you feel unhappy and do not loving anything, at the same time if you realize the completeness in you, you are happy to love all. At some some stage or the other one understands that life no longer depends on the approval of somebody. It will need the approval of one and only Inner Self. This is called true relationship while all others seem to depend on values that are mutually workable. Relationship with Inner Self is based only on Truth, about the substrata Me and all other beings which share this earth plane with me. This relationship generates the vibration that makes me and every being around me to resonate. Hence what I give bounce back to me as the resonating sound.

Just experiment this when you need to enter a government office flash a smile at the grumpy official with whom you need the work done, amazingly the response will be better. But to flash a smile you need to be happy, happiness happens when you are complete and in love with your Self. If we observe we have this tendency to be soft, gentle and caring with strangers than it is with some people we know. Why is it so??? It is purely because of the take-it-for-granted attitude in us or because we do not have a love-hate relationship with the strangers and we do not know their drawbacks. Hence without the judgmental attitude I can maintain a great relationship with anyone.

I need to consciously make an effort to be gentle and this gentleness will appear automatically if I have a cozy relationship with my Self. To be in relationship with the Self all that I need is to acknowledge the fact that this relationship has to be unconditional. If I feel that my relationship with Self is based on Truth then this Truth cannot be a condition. My relationship with my Self is the secret of my happiness. And when I am True to my Self then alone I am happy. This may not make other around me happy directly but the repercussions are going to place the other around me also in the happy zone. This is how marriages and other relationships like friendship, sibling relationship also work.

If I directly want to have a great relationship with others around me I need to make a lot of efforts in the name of compromise and adjustment. My relationship with Self needs no such efforts yet it is absolutely blissful. I need not dominate over others or feel like a leader having them under my control. If I am aware of this Truth I will not need enormous bank balance or amassed wealth to be happy, a smile from a tiny toddler can make me more than happy.

This is the reason for Sri Krishna to have told Arjuna in Bhagavad-Gita when the later asked Him the characteristics of a steadfast person.

Prajahati yada kaman sarvan Partha mano gatan
Atmani ewa atmana tushtah Sthitaprajnah tada uchyate
---Chapter 2 Verse 55

“When a man completely casts off, O Partha, all the desires of the mind, and is satisfied in the Self by the Self, then is he said to be Steadfast person.”

No comments:

Post a Comment