Saturday, February 22, 2014

399. Life is not an Obligatory Living.........!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/life-is-not-an-obligatory-living



I help my neighbour to parking his car but that fellow has not got the courtesy to help me while I am parking mine.” This thought is from obligatory living, this feel has sprouted because I have forgotten the idea of unconditional love. It is just like saying if you scratch my back I will scratch yours. If i call myself to be a part of the society some of my deeds have to be unconditional, without expecting anything from the other side. If there are any expectations it is purely a business transaction without monetary aspect.
 

If such kind of thoughts are encouraged it will step into the next inner circle, the family. That is just like saying I am on pretty good terms with most of my family members. I respect my parents and appreciate their efforts to give me and my siblings a good life. My brother doesn't speak to me and so I am not in talking terms with him, and I don't like my sister as a person. If they need any help I am ready to provide them. Many of the families are in such intrinsic family bond, with such a thought it gets them to think that if others have to be good to them they need to be good to other. From here they conclude that until they accept the family’s point of view and approve their action and don't have any obstruction, the family will not “love” them. This is just an obligatory living nothing else. If so what are the obligatory service charges that could be levied to mother’s milk and father’s sweat. Getting into such an obligatory behavior will not only cause harm to one's own family members, it also affects their neighbors, community, and on the large scale it will end up in countries fighting each other.
 

Of course the social circles of a person vary drastically from person to person. For some, their friends are more than their family, while for some family supersedes everything. It all depends on the relationships with them. All these relationships are not eternal and the only relationship that finds a long lasting validity is that which I have with "HIM". Where shall I find Him to have a long lasting relationship? If I shun that obligatory behaviour and start extending my unconditional love, I can reach Him in everyone heart. If I can reach Him at somebody’s heart I can reach Him in the heart of my neighbour. If I can reach Him in the heart of my neighbour I can very well reach Him in the heart of my siblings and parents also.  

This relationship with Him is not a business transaction. It’s not like an arranged marriage with an exchange of compliance for a dowry of riches. It only works if you’re in love. All relationships are enjoyable when you’re in love with the inner dweller. If the inner dweller becomes more important for your relationship then the obligatory behavioral character of a person which appears on the surface will become insignificant. It’s time to stop trying to please the person with obligatory response and simply love the person who has Him as the inner dweller. This stage gets you to stop doing things out of obligation, and encourages you to do things that enhance your relationship with Him by doing things that please you because they delight Him.
 

Sri Krishna says to Arjuna, “Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend.”-Bhagavad-Gita (18-65). For years I understood the verse this way: “If you worship me, you will follow me and prove how much you love me.” But what Sri Krishna really saying is that when I start adoring Him who is in every being, my obedience to Him will flow out of that relationship and avoid my thought to go obligatory living way........ am I right to think so?????

1 comment:

  1. When you understand that the streak of Light is there in everyone and serving Him means not just worshiping Him but doing service to fellow beings. you will let go things and do your duty. not expecting from them!!!

    ReplyDelete