Monday, March 10, 2014

413. We all are Basically Good…..!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/we-all-are-basically-good



I am confident that there is an intrinsic goodness in all of us as we are Amritasya Putra (Children of Immortal Bliss). I cannot figure out a bad person, to my knowledge I have not found a single person who is wicked throughout his life span. While most of them agree with me, some rubbish my thought by saying I am raw or immature or yet to have a bad experience with people. I do not agree with their notion about people, as I feel the goodness or wickedness depends just on the situation the person is and also on the way the other person makes of it; for example Prince Duryodhana who would not spare five villages to his cousins Pandavas, amazingly made Karna the King of Anga to see that he equals the status to Arjuna to participate in the skill test. Though Duryodhana took the advantage of the situation for Karna he was a savior. If only Duryodhana had made an attempt to wake up the dormant goodness in him forever he would have been a fabulous hero. Alas! He failed to do so.   

The only prerequisite to awaken the goodness in me is just a will to transform. If I get a hint that there is a need to change my behavior I have to go for it. There is goodness in me which I need to give a bit of consideration. How is it possible for me to know that my behavior needs a change? Well, there is no yard stick to make an evaluation in this regard. But then there is one way of knowing if my behavior is right, I would not be flocked with people all the time if my behavior was not acceptable by them. Fortunately there is always a chance for me to better myself, if this was not true the social and spiritual organizations would not have been wasting its time and energy visiting prisons to help rehabilitate the inmates.

Change in my behavior is nothing more than just a shift of my identity from Ego to Cosmos. It is as simple as that and is termed as Self-Realization; it is not a difficult task at all. By careful observation I have realized that Ego will not easily let go its identity. Ego has its recognition with my body in the form of name and fame, which was conferred by ego with the help of my five sensory and five motor organs. The more name and fame ego has fetched to my body, the more it thinks it is invincible. It will end up achieving anything by hook or crook and it is here the goodness in me is pushed into a dormant state.

With this position eventually ego ends up defeating itself and making blunders all the while. I need to realize the blunders in the path and try to reverse them. Acknowledgment of the blunders is the start of the return journey towards Self which has no name or fame and is a very enchanting experience. This is where I have to give in to the Self and get transformed and goodness in me is awakened. Being good hence takes no effort and it does not require enrolling to a course or joining some ashram, it is a simple function of a steady mind getting aligned with the Self. When this alignment takes place there is silence of the mind. There is a long gap between thoughts and it is here goodness rouses and is felt in me and even others around me can feel it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment