Thursday, July 10, 2014

512. God: Assumed in many Forms and Given many Names…!!!!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/god-and-i/god-assumed-in-many-forms-and-given-many-names




He knelt before the King and pleaded for justice. His cry was pitiable it was as if he had lost something very near and dear to him. The King consoled him and asked him the reason for his pathetic condition. The man started to speak. He said, “Oh! King I am a merchant in your kingdom I get the commodities from other countries and sell them here to our people for some profit. I have a family consisting of my aged parents who live with me. At times I go on trading trip to other countries for more than 3-4 months. While taking up my last trip I had handed over a Diamond which was half the size of my fist to my friend. I could not leave it with my aged parents and hence I gave it to him for safe keeping. After I returned back from my trip the person whom I trusted a lot is now saying that I haven’t given him anything for safe keeping.

The king summoned the person’s friend for enquiry. The friend came to the court sobbing he said he was never given anything by his friend. He started swearing on God, nature and his aged parents. Even after threatening him of dire consequences and harsh punishments which included blinding him and pushing him in the dark dungeon, the man never accepted his fault. The king was upset that both of them were sticking to their stand and the case was heading nowhere.

Suddenly the king asked the merchant, “Do you have any witness who could justify your statement that you have left the diamond with your friend for safe keeping.”

As it was so sudden that the merchant could not think but in an instant he said, “Oh! King, yes there was a person with me when I handed over the diamond to him.”

The king asked his guards to produce the witness before the court. The merchant said the witness was his neighbour who had a flour grinding shop and he was not available in his shop today as he had gone to his in-laws place and would be back tomorrow. The king told the merchant to bring the witness to the court the next day.

That night the merchant was worried he had to take a witness as he admitted that there was a witness. He went to his neighbour and told him to just say that he was present when he had handed over the diamond to his friend. The neighbour was a poor man who was earning his living by grinding rice flour using his grinding stone which alone was his ancestral property, he had never seen a diamond. He asked the merchant, “I will say I was a witness but I have not seen a diamond in my life.”

Merchant said, “You fool, diamond is a stone which shines. Just say you saw me handing over the diamond to my friend, that will do”

Next day all the three merchant his friend and neighbour came to the king’s court. The merchants neighbour told he was the witness to the event. Now the king asked his minister to give the merchant and the neighbor a pen and a small paper each and asked them to describe the diamond that had being handed over to the merchant’s friend. 

The merchant who had obviously seen a diamond wrote a page long description, the neighbour was in a fix he remembered the merchant had told it was a stone he wrote a full page description of his grinding stone and attested to have seen it shining.

The fraud was caught!!!

The neighbour’s mind could not grasp the characteristics of diamond hence according to his limited knowledge he could only think that diamond is something like his grinding stone which would shine. For that man his Grinding Stone was diamond and one has to appreciate his state of mind and at the same time the merchant also thinks that diamond is more dearer to him than his friend. Exactly as the merchants neighbour we are all assuming the forms of God and giving names to Him unable to comprehend His real nature which is innumerous times more than what we think and as the merchant we are all going against humanity to label that unknown energy as ours. He is not just a hero who can bash all the villains as told in scriptures. Firstly we have to understand that He is beyond heroism and our mind has its own limitations in the happenings of existence. Mind is just a small aspect of consciousness so it is difficult for a little part of consciousness to understand the whole of existence called God. He is revealed when mind stops assuming Him. Refusing to be just contented with the knowledge of God, one will start experiencing Him. Experiencing Him will prepare me to be involved in His work by developing in me a God-centered life........ am I right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment