Wednesday, July 16, 2014

515. Love: Unconditional while Giving, Reciprocal when Received…!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/love-unconditional-while-giving-reciprocal-when-received-367029





Reciprocal love is a means to share and should never be mistaken to be “I love you because you love me” circumstance. If one has understood it well he discovers the balance of mutual respect in it and make him think that there is great intimacy and has a trendy traditions reinforces in it. It is never a love of exchange or trade though it may appear to be conditional as it is a response to certain needs when they are met. At times this kind of love could also be automatic and impulsive. It blossoms out of me when I am satisfied and sated with love which I am least expecting from my counterpart.

Reciprocal love is not a bad thing; in fact it is indirectly a reason for the life to go on. I am a human and it is oblivious for me to respond to the take and give mechanism. In this way it may make me behave self-oriented but that is how it is. In a way reciprocal love may work as puffing up my ego and yearns to show the depth in it. 

In contrast unconditional love is divine and different. I need not look far to find it; I experienced it in my mother. Every person has relished that love from his mother. If there is a thick bondage between the siblings and the parents it is very normal to comprehend that kind of love. If one has received such kind of love, it often will pour out on to others as well. Unconditional love dwells in the open-hearted person who has a nature to be cool even if the love he is spreading may not give any guarantee of a similar reciprocal emotion to him.

There are no parameters by which love cannot be judged of its quality. To express love to someone simple because they are good looking or smart does end up in a disaster. Love has to be without any sort of terms and conditions. Unconditional love goes beyond such conditions and reaches into the very essence of the object of affection. To those who understand unconditional love they say only one thing: I don’t care if you do or do not respond to my love, but still I love you because you and I are one soul with two bodies. This attitude is to love everyone and everything, without attached strings and judging. Unhappiness is experienced when expectations are not met. If I can love without expectations, then I am definitely happy.

After much is told on unconditional love which I need to practice, I should not expect my counterpart to be like me. If there is a shower of love over me by my counterpart I have to respond to it, through reciprocal love. If I do not respond then it would look like one sided affair from others point of view, of not my counterparts.
 
The love showered by the Sun on the Sunflower is unconditional, but the Sunflower facing the Sun with a smile is reciprocal. The Sunflower faces the Sun the entire day and at night it bends itself and waits for the Sun to reappear at dawn to face and smile at it again. The scientific name for this phenomenon is “Heliotropism” but what I learn from this spectacular occurrence is that I need to show unconditional love to others like Sun and at the same time while I am receiving love, whether it is conditional or unconditional from other I have consciously reciprocate and show my love to them like the Sunflower. Hence I do need to give unconditional love and at the same time display reciprocal love when I receive one…….. I suppose you too agree with me ……!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment