Sunday, August 17, 2014

533. Do you wish to have a portrait of Lord Krishna!!!!!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/god-and-i/do-you-wish-to-have-a-portrait-of-lord-krishna



Once there was a painter in Hastinapura who could create wonders on the canvas. He was considered the best portrait painter in the region. Once he taught of painting the portrait of Sri Krishna and came to Dwaraka. After introducing himself to the guards at the entrance of the fort, he put forth his wish to draw the portrait of Sri Krishna. He was allowed to the chamber of Sri Krishna. Beaming a smile at the painter Sri Krishna asked, "I heard you want to draw a portrait of me. Are you certain that you can draw my image?" 


The painter boasted, "I have made the portrait of many Kings and Warriors in Hastinapura and am sure that I can do a portrait of you as well."


Hearing this Sri Krishna said, “If you are confident enough you can start right away and what am I supposed to do.” 


The painter said, “If you could just sit still for about an hour without swaying that would be of great help to me, I can draw an outline and then later on I will fill in the details.” Obliging to the request Sri Krishna sat down and remained without moving for the painter to make the preliminary sketches. 


After sometime the painter with a huge sigh of relief said, “I am done.”


Smiling Krishna asked, “When will the portrait be ready?”


The painter answered, “By this time tomorrow I will have it completed.” Saying so the painter took leave thanking Krishna.


The whole night he worked on the task of accurately putting the colours to the outline of the portrait of the Lord on canvas. When he was satisfied with it he covered the portrait with a silk cloth and took it to the palace.


Amazingly for him the tiring work of the whole night went waste as he found the image in the portrait was different he observed that there was only a slight resemblance between Krishna and the portrait.


Krishna who looked at the portrait pointed out, “My dear artist, there seem to be little similarity to me and the portrait”. 


The painter said, “Forgive me, Give me another chance and I will bring a better one tomorrow.” This went on for ten days. Every time the painter brought the portrait it did not look the same as the Lord.


The painter had put all his efforts but it was impossible for him to capture Sri Krishna on the canvas. And now the painter started to feel embarrassed and thought of running away from Dwaraka to save from being humiliated. As he was about the cross the border he confronted Sage Narada. Narada asked, “You seem to be leaving the city quite disturbed. Tell me what the matter is.”


The painter told him all that had happened. Laughing at the words of the painter Narada said, “Well, Krishna is the master director of the whole universe and He scripts everything to perfection. If you use your methods it will never work. I will suggest you a method if you listen to my words and follow them implicitly surely you will succeed.


With no other option the painter agreed to do exactly as Narada wants him to do. The next morning he went to Krishna, and said, “My Lord with your grace I have at last been able to capture you exactly as you are. I request you have a look.” Saying so he removed the silk covering, when the cloth came away, it revealed a clean mirror which reflected the image of Krishna as he was.
 
Exactly so, if one wishes to have the portrait of the Lord with temporary painting materials he can only have Him temporarily. In this visible universe everything is temporary each and every thing is constantly changing. Is it possible to have a perfect vision of the Lord with such ephemeral forms???? Yes, it is possible to have a picture perfect vision of the Lord; one can obtain it only on the clean mirror as the painter did, which is ones own purified Mind and Heart......... Let us get the potrait of the Lord inside us????????

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a meaningful though put in a Godly way. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete