Thursday, August 21, 2014

536. A very simple way to avoid getting disturbed by MAYA, the illusion......!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/science-of-spirituality/a-very-simple-way-to-avoid-getting-disturbed-by-maya-the-illusion


A very knowledgeable young man was requested to deliver a lecture on life in a rural area. Before leaving to the village he felt it was important to tell his father about the programme. He went to his father and informed him.

His father asked, “How do you think you will go that village?”

The man answered, “Papa, I shall take the bus to the town and then I have to walk for about 30 minutes through the fields to reach the village, I am told that some people will be waiting for there to pick me up.”

Father told, “Son, I have heard that in the fields there are fierce dogs guarding the flock of sheep they might harm you.

The man replied, “Do not worry Papa; I shall handle them I will scare them away with stones.

Father shook his head and said, “You never will be able to control a pack of dogs, if you are aiming at one the rest will attack you.”

The man asked, “Papa, in that case I will use a wooden staff to scare the group of dogs away.”

Father replied, “They always attack in groups so I don’t think you can control them even with the wooden staff.”

The man seem to be helpless he finally asked, “O.K Papa, what do you want me to do in that situation then ?”

Father then replied, “Without seeing the dog eye to eye go to the shepherd and tell him that you have to go to the village and he will assist you with guarantee of no harm to you from his dogs.”

The man thanked his father and proceeded to the village.

Knowledge is good but without experience, that knowledge may not be of any help. The illusion of knowledge seem to be a greater enemy than ignorance. A person of wisdom learns about a thing and then analyze from multiple dimensions in order to have an insightful understanding of the things he has learnt. Similarly in the journey of LIFE I need to take the help of Brahman (Absolute) who is like the shepherd playing His flute and rendering enchanting music in order to see that Maya does not veil my true nature. Maya (Illusion) will take up the role of Absolute to take care of the universe which is like flock of sheep. I cannot come out of the grasp of Maya by hurling the stone called Ego or by wielding a wooden staff called Attitude. The more I disturb Maya or get disturbed by Maya the more I get entangled by its web. The simplest way of all is for me to completely surrender to Brahman so that Maya just gets faded away......What say????   

No comments:

Post a Comment