Wednesday, November 14, 2018

1208. Limitedness.....!



The whole understanding of Paramatma and Jeevatma is that Absolute Consciousness is in totality while we the humans (Individual Consciousness) are a part of it, just as my hand is the part of my body. The duty of my hand is to be always at the service of my body. If my hand thinks it is a separate entity it loses the relationship and identity with my body. There is harmony when my hand understands that it is a part of my body and works for the benefit of the whole. Exactly in the same way if the selfish “I” is replace by the selfless “I” it is the union of the two to become one. It is only when a seeker realises the truth that he is a part of the Divinity will he attain salvation and merges with the Absolute.

The intent behind the “Mahavakya” (Great Statement) from Brhadaranyaka Upanishad - “Aham Brahmasmi” (I am Brahman), has to be looked into deeply. Every individual has his own Brahmanda (Macrocosm) in Pindanda (Microcosm) and in this Pindanda there are clashes that cause illusions and delusions which confuse us and force us to forget the Divinity inside us which invariably the driving force. Unaware of it we start to search for that force outside us.

There are three constituents in our Brahmanda firstly:

“Who am I? Which constitutes to “Me”, then

“What do I have?” which becomes “Mine” and lastly

“What is not mine?” that will be “Others”.

If we are satisfied with our Self and are hence contented with what is and are free from insecure feel and fears. We then only concentrate on “Me” without being worried about “Mine” and “Others”, This will take us to the realm which is beyond the stage of being “Manushya” (Human Being), and leads to “Daivattva” (Absolute hood).

I had to put my cell phone to charge last night. Once the battery was fully charged there was a flash on the screen “Battery Full.” The lithium battery inside my cell phone now claims to be electric station to the gadget. It can let run an application, browse internet, take a selfie and also let me make a call.  Likewise we humans are bestowed with this Individual Consciousness which is like the energy in that lithium battery. The purpose of it is to help in repaying the karmic debts but not to claim that we are the Absolute Consciousness. 

Our Consciousness is for a limited period of time after our karmic debts are cleared this Consciousness will be withdrawn and again for the repayment of karmic debts that had accumulated while repaying the old ones we choose another body and the Consciousness flash its radiance on it. Just as the lithium battery is charged with electric power for a certain period we are provided with Consciousness till our karmic debts are cleared. 

Also there is limitation in using the electric charge from the lithium battery, it is just to operate the cell phone it cannot run a mixer or a grinder likewise our Consciousness is limited in its use. This limited-ness defines the clear difference between Jeevatma and Paramatma.  

No comments:

Post a Comment