Monday, February 2, 2015

664. My views of what it is to Feel Happy…….

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/my-views-of-what-it-is-to-feel-happy



Happiness is but a sporadic incidence in the general drama of pain.” says Thomas Hardy, the English novelist and poet. True to his words often we hear people complaining about life. Some say they find it difficult to make both ends meet while others say even though they have enough in terms of wealth they are not happy. Some are unhappy about the way the current affairs are going on like about corruption, lawlessness in society, unworthy leaders and shameless sycophants.

But every individual has his own definition of what it feels to be happy. In this venture some take up their passion as the lead to be happy, while some go spiritual, while some volunteer themselves for the service of mankind and few get out of the civic chaos and go into solitude. But it is not appropriate to say that all these things will suite any person who is searching for happiness. The secret is that happiness was already in all those people who had taken up those ventures but to relish it they have just stick to one endeavor so that their mind does not go flip flop always. 

If I go to the ocean I need to swim if the water is smooth and if it is rough I need to take my surfboard and try to surf over the rough tides. Importantly I should understand that happiness is in my thought. I believe that whatever I do in life which is of benefit to me in particular and public in general is worthy doing. So I need to feel that what I do is worth doing and it is the best possible way I have done. 

Happiness is in planning what I do and patiently working on what is planned. While planning the work I need to keep in mind that the plan does not upset any other person’s plans. Happiness is not about seeing to it that I alone have the experience of it, because the ones who are more inclined to being selfish are the ones who are not happy. Here the real essence of being happy is lost.

I could be happy by seeing others happy as well. This I can obtain by being pleasant, fair, honest, caring and sympathetic to others. If I cultivate the habit of slandering and backbiting I will soon end up making enemies and with enemies I lose happiness. Slandering and backbiting are the offshoots of my wantons and gratuitous behaviour. To keep away from those I need to keep my needs limited and not to desire all that my eyes looks at.

I know that happiness is an inside matter but I am a social animal with intellect and if my surrounding is in distress even the inner happiness becomes hard to relish. When I know that He is making me feel happy by being inside me I need to help others to find Him inside and experience the same happiness only then can I feel the happiness in me better.

If Happiness is viewed in this perspective it will remain always in me and it will not be a sporadic incident in my life instead it will become a permanent treasure……What say??????

No comments:

Post a Comment