Saturday, May 16, 2015

729. Destiny and Free Will………

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/destiny-and-free-will-517190


Destiny is relevant to me as it is the sum total of the results of my past actions. Absolute is just the dispenser of the fruits of those past actions; hence it is me who can be pointed to as the creator of my own destiny. Free-will is what I exercise now to all those actions that I intended to do. So Destiny is because of my Past Karma while Free-Will is my present Karma.

Can my Free Will caste its influence on my Destiny?

Yes and No, Yes when the intensity of the Free-Will is more than the Destiny and No when the Destiny is more powerful than my Free-Will. Destiny is Adrista to me as I cannot see what is in store for me. Free-Will is what I know I can do and the consequences thereafter.

Is Destiny an obstacle to my Free-Will?

No, though it is not possible to achieve exactly what I want from my Free-Will, it is not correct to say that Destiny is an obstacle to my Free-Will. Hence Lord Krishna says, “You have right to perform Action, but you are not entitled to the fruits of those actions.”

But then sometimes the actions which my Free-Will do yields exactly as I want it?? How?

Who knows what the Destiny was in store for me maybe it wanted me to have the exact result. So my only interest should be to exercise my Free-Will and perform action.

Now if Destiny is all deciding then why should I perform action at all? Why not just simply sit quite and do nothing waiting for the Destiny to unfurl itself?

I cannot just simply sit doing nothing. No Living being can just sit doing nothing even plants and animals do something for their growth. Like Photosynthesis in plants and Sleep, Eat, Enjoy and Defend (SEED) in animals. I am a Human I too need to get involved in some kind of activities.

Will not my Free-Will which is my present Karma ensure Destiny in future?

Any action involves a Doer carrying out an activity. Or in other words, action is an egocentric act in which the Doer, as an ego is always present. Thus this doing involves a Doer thinking himself as a Doer in action. So as long as there is a Doer, he is entitled for the result of those actions and hence he will be the enjoyer too. This includes not only the physical deeds but thoughts as well. Since thoughts are nothing but deeds on a mental plane.

Now if I perform actions without the notion of Doer-Ship then the fruits of those actions are not mine. Thus my Free-Will will not incur fresh resultant fruits. This is the reason why Lord Krishna advises Arjuna to participate in the war and not to worry about its outcome. Since the outcome of the war is already predestined.

Is there any proof for this statement?

When Arjuna had the vision of the Lord as Cosmic representation, he could see the great warriors including Bhishma, Drona, Karna and all the sons of Dritharastra rushing into His mouth with their heads smashed. This in fact made Arjuna to remain as Nimmita Matram (just as an instrument). These were the exact words of the Lord “nimmita matram bhava savyasachi” which were very significant. The whole world is moving according to the plan of the Absolute Consciousness. To make that plan operational there is a need for substance and my Free-Will fills the gap by becoming the instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment