Thursday, May 28, 2015

734. What is MONEY???

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/what-is-money-309093





Is money a currency note nor is it gold, silver and precious metals, or is it liquid fuel, or is it motor vehicles or is it cattle or is it a credit or a debit card? Its just medium of exchange. 

Money has no mechanical strength to pull a truck or electrical current to light up a lamp post or a software data to run the computer. Yes, the mechanical strength, electrical current and the software data are represented by money, but they are not money by themselves.


Money cannot be currency notes. Money is a belief shared by two or more people. The money stuffed in my pocket cannot provide me food in the forest or water in a desert unless there is another person who can trade them to me. Money becomes energetic only if both the buyer and the seller have belief on it. Sometimes even when both the recipient and the giver believe in the money there is no guarantee of the worth the money might provide. A surgeon cannot confirm the success of an operation just because the relatives of the patient have footed the bill for the operation.


Money is a relative term and it is not everything. I know that it has the power to buy and it also provides security in our lives. In reality it will not provide security but gives a sense of security. A little is enough to provide that sense of security there is no need to go on an endless pursuit of money. It is our inability to know when to stop accumulating it which has made us behave as zombies to fill our vault. We have seen many of our political leaders declare their assets. Amazingly only a fractional part of it is what they enjoy and the rest is for others when they pass away.

Money is the life force. As a business person I spend time to earn it, so in other sense I trade my time to make money. Time has no limits in the universe and it is infinite but to me it has a definite time. Every moment I am closer to the end of my life span so if I spend money on branded things or irrelevant things then I am spending time that is already past. If I can buy a product which gives the money’s worth I will be saving the time to earn more to pay for the brand name behind the product. If one contemplates on this point then he will become aware of how to place value in and how to utilize the earned money to finding the true meaning of living.

Money isn’t everything, despite it being the life force. That force of course is only what is applicable on an individual level. Being conscious of what I spend my money on and also to whom I give it is a way to respect the power of money and simultaneously have control over it. Power of money is hence user defined. If I have control over my money, my money will have control over my purchases. A decade or so my elders use to say “TIME is MONEY” but in this era after seeing some dumb politicians misappropriating money I think this statement has to be flipped. The idea that “MONEY is TIME” stops me from spending on unwanted things in my life and make me spend wisely……What say?

No comments:

Post a Comment