Tuesday, January 28, 2014

378. Can I get away with a crime blaming it to social condition??

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/can-i-get-away-with-a-crime-blaming-it-to-social-condition

In the response to my earlier blog one of the seekers wrote that “Ignorance and Hatred is due to social conditioning.” I have been writing blogs in Speaking Tree since a year and getting responses from the seekers here and trying to understand the subject better. Today this sentence has made me to contemplate on the issue of Dharma. In this regard I want to seek the help of you seekers to clarify, a person due to hatred if he commits a crime, can he simply blame it on the social conditions?????    

I will put forth a situation, suppose I am returning home from my office in my car after I had a bad day with my boss who has fired me for some lapses in the accounts. My mind is still lingering with that episode and I happen to miss the traffic signal and hit an autorickshaw from behind. Now the driver has started shouting at me, since my mind is not stable because of the office episode I also shout at him and then raise my hand to hit him. And there is a big shuffle and a lot of people gather and one person takes the initiative to stop the fight and the auto driver says it’s my mistake to hit from behind when the auto is stopped at the signal. If a say to the crowd that my mind was not stable due to the boss firing at me at the office is it OK?????

If I had developed the thought of not taking the office matters out of the threshold of the office would I have not avoided that dirty scene at the signal?????

Is it not the Gunas in me which are to be controlled so that I always maintain Sattvic nature?????

Can my social conditions be blamed for my behavior????

If at all if the social conditions are to be blamed then a small time pickpocket, or a part time thief, or a full time robber, or a habitual rapist, or a deadly decoit, or a merciless murderer will also have a social condition to blame for his action?????   

Ignorance and Hatred are because of my nature which needs to be corrected is what I feel, am I right in thinking so ?????

What do you great thinkers have to say??????         

Please write your views so that I can correct my stand…..        

No comments:

Post a Comment