Friday, January 23, 2015

656. Problems inevitable; its Magnitude Depend on My Attitude too

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/problems-inevitable-its-magnitude-depend-on-my-attitude-too


Life problems are not to be solved but realities to be experienced. I am accountable to my attitude and no one can take care of it. Even Absolute is not ready to intervene, all He can do is just guide me as He did to His brother-in-law at the battlefield. The circumstances may fail me, but I am still responsible for choosing my thoughts. Even though to the surface if I find the situation or the circumstance to be source of my problem, the magnitude of it is because of my attitude towards that very problem. There are no big or small problems. Problems are just problems but the way I choose to think and react to them makes it big or small. In fact problem is never a problem until it is made so by my attitude towards it.

Once a lady talking to her friends said, “My husband has lost his job and jobless for a year. The best part of it is that we couldn’t afford cable TV connection, but it was a blessing in disguise we spend a lot more time talking to each other in the evenings. She went on to say, “Last one year had been tough, but it has taught us a lot. Now we have started to live without those things which we once felt we cannot live without them. It was amazing to discover there are many materialistic things which we can do without. It is off course a challenge and we have successfully able to make it possible.”

One need to be “Alpa Santusta” (pleased with few) and “Nitya Tripta” (contented always). In being Alpa Santusta I am pleased with what ever may be the result allowing me to work at my maximum efforts. By being Nitya Tripta I am always contented which induces me strength to get ignore the intensity of problems which may crisscross every now and then.

Problems are like flavour enhancers, a life without problem is like bland dish. There is not even a single individual who can say that he has no problem at all. Magnitude of the problem may vary; a serious problem for me may not be so serious for others. They say, “The problem of a developing country is not a big one for a developed country”. Problem is like a small stone when it is held close to the eye it is so big that it will close the entire world, if it is put down and crushed under your feet it reduces to dust.     

One day the residents of a small hamlet decided that there was no point in all of them worrying about their various problems. “ Let us appoint a person to worry on our behalf” said the head of the hamlet.
 

Everybody agreed it as a great idea and it would solve the problem of brooding over the problem. When it was time to choose the candidate the elders suggested that the cobbler, who sat under the tree and seemed to have a lot of time on his hands, was the perfect candidate for the job. The cobbler was summoned. Never had he felt so important he came running. They told him about the new job, he had to brood over the problem of everyone in the hamlet.
 

“How much will I be paid?” asked the cobbler, distrustfully, after he was briefed about the job.
 

“We will give a thousand per week,” said the head.
 

“No, it would not work.”
 

“Why so?”
 

“Because if you give a thousand a week,” explained the cobbler. “I’ll have nothing to worry about. And with nothing to worry how would you expect me to brood”

Problems are to my mind what exercise is to my muscles; they are very much needed to make my mind stronger. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, they say. Maybe I don't feel all that brave and strong, but dealing with a problem face-to-face with an attitude is a step in the right direction. The best way to tackle a problem for me is to grow mentally bigger than the problem and also be emotionally be pleased with the few.

No comments:

Post a Comment