Tuesday, June 10, 2014

488. Sannyasi does not renounce but develops sense of belongingness….!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/science-of-spirituality/sannyasi-does-not-renounce-but-develops-sense-of-belongingness




I have made an attempt here to spell out what I understand in the meaning of “Sannyasa” I may love someone or something because there is an affinity for that person or that thing in me. It is quite natural that such a person or a thing will definitely be a delight to me. I feel good to be around that thing or person, but in reality it is only a rediscovery of pleasantness in me and to know what a pleased person I am. That feeling of being pleased is a quality in me that I have superimposed upon that thing or the person and have completely forgotten. Instead I assume that I am pleased because of them. Foolishly I compliment them for being so special and wonderful towards me while it is me who am feeling special and wonderful in their company.


If I am wrong then consider this. If the pleasant feel was to be experienced because of a particular person or a thing entirely based on what it or he is or how it behaves or he behaves, then the entire world would be feeling pleasant because of that particular person or thing, which is obviously not the case. Pleasant feeling always emerges from the self, not from any object or person. So I can be pleasant always, it does not matter for me to be in company of some or keep away from some to experience it.


Our ancients have coined the four stages of life and for the last stage they have given the name Sannyasa. Who can be a Sannyasi? Yes, he who has renounced the world is the straight forward answer but here the sense of renunciation is to the material aspect not his responsibilities towards mankind. He does not discard his family instead he expands it to the whole mankind. He starts to feel that the pleasant feel which is called BLISS is within him and there is neither a thing nor a person who can make him happy or sad.  The moment this awareness is felt then one is a Sannyasi. There is this sense of belongingness towards the whole mankind which makes him a Sannyasi. Thus he overcomes greed that is projected by the world around. With equanimity he is indifferent to all the dualities in life. He has the capability to live in this tinsel world and in the caves of Himalayas as well, since he is aware that his pleasant feel is emerging out of his own self.


In this stage which is last among the Ashrama Dharma age is not and will never been criteria. There are very young people who live a life of Sannaysi even living among family members and also there are elderly people who are yet in Grihasta stage indulging themselves in self gratification that world throws at them. For a Sannyasi who can draw pleasant feel from within, solitude becomes a convenience but will never be a necessity. And the saffron or white robes does not make any difference if the Sannyasattva mindset which is ready to accept the sense of belongingness to the entire mankind is present. A Sannyasi believes in thought of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (world is one family) as his realm is not limited…This is why Swamy Vivekananda addressed the gathering in Chicago as “Brothers and Sisters”…. What say????

2 comments:

  1. Do you consider yourself to be a Sannyasi? What do you think is the equivalent stage of being in western culture thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namasthe Tim, there is no point in me considering myself as sannyasi...it is my deeds which make the people in my vicinity to find a sannyasi in me. The sun is same to me as well as you so is the stages in life, though our cultures may be different but our approach to love and compassion is the same. see the path of the approach to be different but the destination is same....hope you agree with me.

      Pranam :):):):):)

      Delete