Tuesday, June 17, 2014

494.Looking at the Pleasant Moments the Problem has to offer...!

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/looking-at-the-pleasant-moments-the-problem-has-to-offer



I had come home to have lunch yesterday afternoon and my mobile rang. It was the supervisor from my factory.

“Hello” I said.

“Sir, there is some problem in the first machine, we have stopped it.” He said.

“Why, what happened?” I asked him.     

“There is a crackling sound in the fly wheel of the press and there is friction at that place so the shaft is heating up.” He said.

“Look if there is continuous flow of lubrication oil over there. I will be coming soon.” I told him and hung up. After finishing my lunch I rushed back to the factory which is fifteen minutes drive from my place.

As I was on my way I had at least ten to fifteen thoughts that flashed continuously in a gap of few minutes. What might have happened? Had the shaft worn out? Has something worst happened to the machine? If there was a break down how many days might it take to set it right? What have I got to do about the daily delivery schedule? Does the finished product dispatch get hampered? And then I stopped at traffic signal. In front of my vehicle was a two wheeler and a young lady on pillion was carrying her daughter, I think, about two years old on her lap. The kid was holding on to a thread which was tied to a helium balloon on the other end. The balloon had a pleasant pink colour on it and the kid was watching the balloon and I could see happiness in her eyes. It was nice to look at the pleasant face of the infant.      

The traffic signal light turned yellow and I started the engine. All of a sudden the kid lost grip of the thread and wind took the balloon away from the little girl. I expected the kid to scream and cry.

No! I was wrong; the kid turned its head and watched the balloon sail high skywards excitedly. There was a smile on her face which was evident of the happiness which was much better that when it was holding the thread of the balloon.  

Was the kid not worried that the balloon had slipped away from its grasp? Did it not consider it a loss? Why was it so thrilled looking at the balloon go skywards? I questioned myself. Here is what I learnt, even if the kid was to cry it would not get that balloon back. It just enjoyed the sight of the balloon float high. I told myself let me go to the factory and face the problem as it is. There is no point in thinking of the pros and cons before looking at the magnitude of the problem.

I reached my factory and we dismantled the flywheel of the press and as I had anticipated we found that a small cotton waste had blocked the flow of lubricating oil causing friction and hence there was the crackling sound and heat generated in that part. After about two hours of overhaul, the machine began to operate smooth and better than before; the delivery schedule for tomorrow was not obstructed. There was a sigh of relief, relief not only because the machine was functioning but also for having the overhaul done which gave the machine an extended smooth running life.   

And as we were closing the factory in the evening I thanked the kid for putting sense into me. Everything is revealing by itself without an iota of doubt, if the door of my perception is cleansed I can see it happening. More importantly I can witness the pleasant moments in those revealing phase. I need not worry about a problem all I have to do is to look for the pleasant moments the problem has to offer me and enjoy them…….am I Right????? 

1 comment:

  1. Just wonderful manoj.problems are there But we make them more difficult by losing the calm.that suspense time we should spend pleasantly rather than brooding over it.That change of mood makes a lot of difference.and makes one easy to handle the problem;

    ReplyDelete