Monday, February 15, 2016

792. World is a Mirror; you are looking at your own reflections.!


The world around me is like the mirror what I offer gets reflected back to me. If my gesture towards it is good I receive the same. 

A father tried to explain this phenomenon taking his son up on a hill. He asked him to use wonderful word and the words returned back as an echo. Father pointed out that whatever is given will come back in the same proportion. Life is simply a reflection of your own thought, word and deed. If you want compassion and love in the world you have to create compassion and likewise if you want more competence from the people around improve on your competence. This is how the relationships work on everything and everywhere in life.

Life is one thing which will return to me what I have given. What I see in the world around, is to some extent of what lies within me. I laugh the world laughs along with me, if I cry and the world will cry along provided I had laughed when it had laughed. Some say it is inevitable to get soiled with lust, avarice, jealousy, greed and many other inferior gunas while I stay on this earth plane. Agreed that one get soiled that does not mean one has to be immersed in the filth always. To get cleaned of these soiled materials I need to be spiritually awakened.

Once a pious man, after his family responsibilities got over decided to undertake a great penance. He went to the nearby forest and sat in the seat of silence under a tree. He sat there contemplating on the Truth. Years passed by and creepers and shrubs started growing around him and made him hardly visible to the outside world.

One night in the pitch of darkness a robber came running that way chased by the villagers who had seen him trying to break into a house. The robber tripped on the pious man. He looked at him and thought, “Maybe he is definitely a robber like me. The villagers might have caught him in the act and have trashed him black and blue and left him here to die. These villagers are dangerous people they will kill me also I have to get away as soon as possible.”

Few days later one evening when the stars started to appear in the sky a drunkard who was already hitting high under the influence of alcohol lost his way and entered the forest. He had a look at the pious man and started laughing and shouted, “Oh Oh this man has to be strong like me in mind and body to be able to withstand the influence of liquor. No wonder a man of this stature will not be able to be steady and will pass out so quickly.”

Then after few more nights, an enlightened soul happened to pass that way he could sense the divine radiance protruding from the pious man who was seated in the seat of silence. The look of serenity, contentedness and satisfaction writ on his face, there was a peaceful aura surrounding the place and the enlightened soul immediately realized that this person was not an ordinary being. He stopped to pay his respects to this person and prostrated before him with great humility and respect. The pious man now opened his eyes and seeks the blessings of the enlightened soul who blessed him with his full heart.


There is no difference in the world there is indeed difference in the way you look at it. You see good you will find good you see filth you find filth.

No comments:

Post a Comment