Monday, February 15, 2016

795. No one is Perfect, but no Harm in thriving to be one!!!!!



No one is perfect is solace statement for me to check my judgemental attitude. The same phrase cannot and should not be used by me to justify my careless mistakes. Perfection cannot be achieved as no one can reach that dominion, but there is scope for me to at least crawl forward towards it. My expectation in others to be perfect is as hard as others finding that virtue in me. But then there is no rule of uniformity here I can always excel towards perfection.

If I feels that as no one is perfect on this earth plane it is not a serious issue to thread towards perfection then I would be harbors a “Chalta Hai” attitude.  Can I jump a traffic signal because everyone is? Why shouldn't I? Chalta hai. Can I litter the road because some idiot does? Why shouldn't I? Chalta hai. This attitude does not only pull me down but it instigates others around me to follow suit. Socrates says, “Do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you” so until I am perfect I cannot expect other also to be perfect.  I had this habit of branding people by observing their character and categorizing them. I never released the reason for others around me to be behaving so could be correct from their point of view. And so also in their point of view there might be flaw in my behavior towards them also. Over the years I have understood that the best relationship I can have is when I understand to live with people as they are and at the same time improvise on my good qualities.  

It was a dense forest and cold waves tightened its grip leaving many animals, birds, and reptiles shivering and desperately hoping for a respite. Many animals could not survive the cold wave and were frozen to death. A group of Hedgehogs in a barrow were also feeling the brunt. Realizing that the situation was indeed very bad and could turn even worst, the head of the herd gave a call to all the members to stay together. The head of the herd felt that the warmth in the each hedgehog would save if they cuddle into each other. This was the only way to keep warm and protected themselves. Unfortunately the quills of each hedgehog wounded its closest companion even though they gave off warmth of survival to each other.


Unable to take the pricks they decided to distance themselves one from the other. Soon they began to die one after the other as they were left alone and were freezing. Ultimately they had to choose either to cuddle accepting the pricks from the quills of their companions and survive or stay away from one another and disappear from this Earth plane. Sensibly they decided to cuddle into one another. This way they learned to live without minding the little wounds caused by the quills of the close companion, but the most important part of it was the warmth they got from others which mattered most at the time when cold waves were threatening to wipe them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment