Monday, February 15, 2016

796. Lead a Happy Life, No need of Report Card from Others.....



Life is a happy and wonderful journey to travel. While threading this journey of life many want to prove their capabilities. They slog till the fag end days of their life to make others believe that they are living a happy life. It becomes so important for them to get an appreciation from others that they have lived a life of worth. They want themselves to be recognized as worth in so many crores before they leave this earth plane, it is their life ambition. They sacrifices their passion, interest and ultimately become a money minting machine. They always expect triumphs in life they cannot stand turbulence, they get rattled if they have to face one. They cannot tolerate if any of their colleagues or friend do better than them. Instead of joining the celebrations they are busy cursing their fate and destiny for not giving that chance to them. 

And there is another set of people who have understood that life is to be happy and enjoy every event irrespective of triumphs and turbulence. And more importantly it is to be lived for self and not to make others feel that we are leading a happy life. They are happy for their colleagues or friend if they grow big, they have this magnanimity to appreciate their success and be a part of the celebration.

There is a vast difference between these two ways of leading life. While one set of people live life thinking to be happy instead of expecting others to give them a report card of their life, unfortunately another set are happy just to hear from others that they are happy and toiling the whole life expecting an “A” class certificate from others.

Is it the way to lead a life? This is a living of False Prestige. 

If one does things even if he does not like, just because others like him doing it is called False Prestige. If one values false prestige more, even nature does not give him a helping hand. A close example for it which I can provide is this: Suppose I create a blog and write something interesting and informative. Someone comments that the blog is good and they give a pat on my back for what is being written in the blog. Inspired I write some more blogs and comments start to flow into the blogs praising the ability. After some time even if there is nothing for me to write, I am forces to write just because others like my blog. I keep writing even though it is not up to the mark, deep inside me in my heart I know it. It is then a small frustration builds as I unable to create a blog daily but have to satisfy my readers and one or other day it has to explode and it will explode. Instead I have to understand that I can write only to satisfy myself and with the only intention that the thought in me has to reach others. And if my intention in writing the blog is not to make my readers feel that I am a great writer or so and pat my back, then without my conscious there is a continuous flow of creativity in me which even I cannot stop.


You need to be happy with what you do now and also in future and have to focus on what has to be done to achieve that, rather than get to know what others feel and wait for them to give a thumbs up or a certificate for what I have done. After all what counts at the end is our standard of life not our standard of living, not our seeming greatness but our simple goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment