Tuesday, October 14, 2014

578. Tale of My Body, My Mind and the Soul.

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/science-of-spirituality/the-tale-of-my-body-my-mind-my-soul




When I use the word “I” my belief is that as far as I am alive it is the combination of the three namely my Deha (Physical body), my Manas (Mind) and the Atma (Soul). Yes, it is true that according to Vedanta the one and only Paramarthika Satya (Eternal Reality) among those three is the ATMA. And that is possible only if I regard the other two as Vyavaharika Satya (Empirical Reality). But it is impossible for me to disregard my DEHA and MANAS when I am still alive.

Body and Mind are both essential until PRANA (Vital Breath) decides to quit. Suppose I compare myself to a car, the outer structure of the car is my Physical Body, the engine is my Mind, and the fuel that triggers that engine to life is the Soul. It is obviously known that the engine fires only if the fuel is present exactly in the same line my MANAS need the ATMA. The outer structure of the car is vital but it is mainly to protect the engine and to see that the journey is safe and is accomplished. There might be some minor reshaping required now and then to the outer structure and so does my body need regular exercise and has to be kept fit. Enthusiastically I am more conscious of my fitness but equally important is the engine which has to be trouble free and always kept in top condition for a hassle free journey. 

At the time of overhaul the engine is cleared of dirt and is rinsed in degreasing chemicals and washed with deionized water. My mind has to be pointed and free from tendencies and attitudes and it has to be rinsed with soap of concentration and washed with water of meditation. 

The fuel is necessary only if the engine requires it or if the engine is in good working condition. If the engine is seized what is the use of the fuel in the tank. Even if the outer structure is slightly damaged and the engine is in good running condition I require the fuel. But if the engine itself is not in operating condition there is no use of the beautiful outer structure or the tank full of fuel. Likewise if my Mind is engulfed with negative thoughts and virtue less attitudes it is destined to stump and then there is little help I can get from my soul or my body. One of the most important factors for the engine to knock out is reckless and relentless use of the A, B and C (Accelerator, Brake and Clutch). In the same way my mind is clogged up by using my five senses beyond extremes. But then the A, B and C is required for the outer structure of the car along with the engine to move forward, and my senses are required for my body and my mind to make it meaningful.

The outer structure of the car and my body is the gross substance and I have this tendency to care more about it. The engine of the car and my Mind is the subtle substance and I have the tendency to neglect them until they need some trouble shooting. The fuel to the car and the Soul is the causal substance and I have a tendency to be indifferent about them.

With the association of my fellow living entities I am now aware that these three my Body, Mind and Soul are closely integrated that they support each other. Without my Mind, I can never have the Soul and without my Body there will be no place for my Mind. Since past many centuries a lot has been learnt about the BODY but a very little is known about MIND and literally nothing at all of SOUL…….Am I Right???

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we are still very ignorant, for only in ignorance can we destroy.

    ReplyDelete